June 11, 2021
Be sure to schedule a COVID test for your student. Info at hume.org/screening and in my email from June 8.
Students must have a negative COVID test to be able to attend camp (or be fully vaccinated).
The Medical Release and COVID 19 waivers need to be returned as soon as possible.
Saturday June 19, 10:00am
Bring your students and their luggage to Nova's north parking lot. The health screening is simply answering some questions and getting a temperature check by a healthcare professional.
If you are unable to come to this, please contact me ASAP.
Please bring your student's vaccination card or COVID test result. (This is in addition to uploading to Hume's website.) We will make copies of these documents to bring to camp. We have a copier machine or you can use one of our computers to print the result (or you can bring a copy that we can keep). If the result comes in after 10am Sat, please bring a copy with your student on Sunday morning.
Please arrive at Nova's north parking lot by 7:30am on Sunday June 20. We will load up and head out as soon as everyone has arrived.
The fundraiser was incredible! We have a lot to be grateful for with all the generous people at Nova. I'm still waiting to hear about our online giving, but I think it is likely that after the $250 deposit per student, no further payment will be necessary. Praise God!
This Wednesday June 16 from 6:30-8:30p, we'll be having our Summer Kickoff! We'll celebrate with an outdoor bonfire and games. Hotdogs, chips, and marshmallows will be provided! Send em hungry!
We'll also go over some last things for Hume and answer any of the students' questions.
There will be no Youth Group while we're at camp (June 23).
May 14, 2021
1) Brunch Fundraiser! - We're gonna have a fundraiser event on Sunday June 6 right after our worship service at 11:15am. We'll serve something like pancakes, fruit, and sausage. We'll have the students prepare and serve the meal out on the lawn. At the event, we'll share some stories from Hume Lake from former campers and talk about why Hume is so important to us. If your student is able to help serve at this, please let me know! More specific details forthcoming.
2) Deposits - I'm going to postpone the full amount being due until right before we go to camp (June 20) so that we can get an accurate assessment of how much is owed after donations. If you've already put down the deposit of $250/student, you're good to go for now!
3) Parent Informational Meeting - This Wednesday, May 19th, I'd like to have a meeting near the end of Youth Group from 8:00-8:30p to give us a chance to talk all together and answer any questions. If you're unable to make it, just let me know and I'll catch you up separately.
If you have questions or topics you'd like me to address, please shoot me an email, send a text, or call me up. Thanks so much!
April 9, 2021
The possibility of Hume is becoming more likely every day! We still don't have guidelines, but CDPH did say that overnight camps WOULD be able to open in Red, Orange, and Yellow tiers after June 1. We don't know exactly what that will look like, but almost certainly will involve masking around those not in our cabin, doing more things outdoors, and possibly COVID tests before coming to camp.
If you haven't already, please fill out this form to register your child and put down a $250 deposit before April 18.
February 22, 2021
We have spots for Hume Lake this Summer!
It is exciting, but there also is an unknown factor since California does not yet have guidelines for what overnight youth camps might look like. Hume is hopeful that they will be able to have camp this Summer, and so am I! You can see updates from them directly on their website: hume.org/ponderosa.
Our week is June 20-26. The total cost of camp is $615.
A $250 deposit to Nova will be due by April 18, 2021. The total cost of camp ($615) is due by May 16, 2021. We will be working on some new fundraising ideas to cut the cost down (since a giant spaghetti dinner will likely remain out of the question).
Hume Lake will offer a full refund if camp is canceled or for cancellations directly related to COVID-19 issues. You can give to Nova by cash or check, or online by visiting novachurch.org/giving. Be sure to designate it for Hume Lake with your camper's name.
Right now, I do need to know who is interested in going to camp June 20-26. You don't have to put down any money yet. Please fill out this form for each student you'd like to register. And please talk to any parents of friends who might want to come. https://forms.gle/FnWKjCMrd7R5WUMd7
Though we're not out of this COVID situation yet, we have to plan for the future like we will be.
Going to camp is dependent on what the health department deems safe. If Hume is canceled, we are working on having a backup idea for our own experience late summer.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out any time. Thanks!