As the apostle Paul begins his letter to the church in Ephesus, he tells them of his prayers for them, which include the following:
“I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that you may know him better. I pray that the eyes of your heart may be enlightened in order that you may know the hope to which he has called you, the riches of his glorious inheritance in his holy people, and his incomparably great power for us who believe.” (Ephesians 1:17-19a)
Let us pray…
- God, give us, Your people, a spirit of wisdom as we live each day.
- God, draw us continually to your Word that we may know You better.
For hearts to be open:
- God, open our spiritual eyes to know more clearly the hope of Your calling, to both salvation and service.
- God, help us to see and appreciate the riches of the inheritance You have placed in Your people.
- God, help us to understand and experience the surpassing greatness of Your power that works in and through us.