Read the latest official statement from Nova leadership here.
Welcome to Nova's online gathering for the week of March 22. Here in this online space, you are joining in with hundreds of other people in the South Bay and beyond as you enter into a time of worship in your own home.
Here is what we have put together for this week:
- Welcome & Announcements (2 min.)
- Worship (16 min.)
- Message (23 min.)
There is a special children's video lesson available. This lesson will be most effective if you look over the provided lesson guide ahead of time in order to lead your children through some questions and activities.
We hope you find this online gathering to be a blessing. We look forward to seeing you all face-to-face very soon.
You can continue to financially support Nova’s ministry through tithes, offerings, and Open campaign contributions by giving online at novachurch.org/giving or by sending your support through the mail (4345 Emerald St. Torrance, CA 90503).
Join some of the Nova Worship Team by listening or singing out together in your homes.
(Best quality on computer or TV speakers.)
Hear Your Words
How Great Thou Art
Build My Life
Take some time to think about and discuss these questions with your spouse, small group, family, or friends.
1. What family role or roles do you find yourself occupying in respect to our passage (Eph. 6:1-4)?
2. What is a struggle you have in fulfilling the command to either honor, obey, or raise children in the discipline and instruction of Christ? What would it look like for you to be more like Jesus to those in your household or sphere of influence?
3. Recall a family which has had some positive impact in your life or in the life of our culture. What is it that makes these family relationships attractive?
4. What are some possible hurdles to family harmony that might present themselves in our time of social isolation and distancing? How might God use your family as an example of Christ’s love and mutual submission during this season?
5. Give a word of encouragement to someone in your family or sphere of influence.
Prayer is how we actively affirm our belief in a powerful and loving God.
Philippians 4:6-7 (The Message) says, “…let petitions and praises shape our worries into prayers, letting God know our concerns.”
- For the sick and infected: God, heal and help. Sustain bodies and
spirits. Contain the spread of infection.
- For our vulnerable populations: God, protect the elderly and those
suffering from chronic disease. Provide for the poor, especially the uninsured.
- For the young and the strong: God, give them the necessary caution
to keep them from unwittingly spreading this disease. Inspire them to help.
- For those with mental health challenges who feel isolated, anxious,
and helpless: God, provide.
- For Christian missionaries throughout the world, especially in
areas with high rates of infection: God, provide them with words of hope, and
equip them to love and serve those around them.
- For workers in a variety of industries facing layoffs and
financial hardship: God, keep them from panic, and inspire your church to
generously support them.
- For families with young children at home for the foreseeable future: God, help mothers and fathers to partner together creatively for the care and flourishing of their children. For single mothers and fathers, grow their networks of support.
Please also take some time to write down prayer requests from you, your family, and your neighbors to send in to firstname.lastname@example.org so that our prayer team can be praying for you.